Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Let's recap...

I didn't do a very good job of filling in the beginning details of the move for those who may not be hearing the play by play in person.

Dan has been accepted to Vanderbilt University to do his PhD in sociology. He completed his Master's in May (yeah, Dan!) at the University of Virginia. So many factors went into our decision for Dan to apply to other institutions. Several faculty members left his department this year, leading to a mass exodus by fellow graduate students. We could never afford to accomplish our other life goals in Charlottesville due to the cost of living there. Primarily, I didn't like it. I love my friends and co-workers at UVa, but the city was just not for me. I wanted something bigger, with an actual job market. Nashville presents all of those things, while bringing us closer to family at the same time. So Dan applied to a lot of schools in mutually-agreed upon locations. We got into our first choice!

So, since an income is generally necessary for survival, Dan is working in Charlottesville fulfilling that necessity until I find a job here in town. I am busy closing on our house and finding a job until he joins me full time.

Keep the good vibes coming while I'm on the job hunt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»