Dan and I have to be "do it yourselfers" if we want to do anything to our house. That's the way it works with things need to get done and you can't pay someone else to do them.
This time, we decided to replace the kitchen floor. It has been creaking, popping and generally not sticking to the layer underneath it. So we ordered some new flooring and ripped up the old stuff Friday night.
Then the fun started. Turns out, there was been a leak in the dishwasher for months, maybe. The wood under the flooring was all wet and starting to warp.
We have been actively drying out the floor (thanks to three borrowed fans) and are waiting for the water to all come up. It will take another day or so, but it's getting there.
So, we have no kitchen for about a week. We have a microwave and a fridge, but that's it.
Here is the progress: