Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008

There's nothing like an emergency trip to the vet over the weekend.

Our foster dog, Sonic, and our dog Maddie got into a big fight over the weekend where Maddie was injured. It was all over food because Maddie has some food aggression that we have to handle before this happens again. 

She had a lot of puncture wounds on her body, including her throat. She was bleeding pretty bad after the whole scene so we drove her to the closest vet to see if she needed stitches. The vet said she would be fine and put her on antibiotics.

What are some good resources for finding some help for Maddie before she gets herself into trouble again?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor poochie! I don't know anything about dogs, though, so I have nothing helpful to offer.

Ariana said...

The dog whisperer. Even if he has no advice, it sure is entertaining!

Unknown said...

Jan,
I hope Maddie is okay. You know I know all about this. I am so sorry. I met a trainer at the PetSmart in Mt. Juliet who seemed good. Maybe he can offer some tips. I don't remember his name, but I am sure you can call the store. Give her a hug for me.