Search This Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

August 6, 2007

I had an adventure in June that I never told everyone about. In celebration of 20 years in business, my boss at Lovell Communications took my entire office on a white water rafting trip down the Ocoee River in northern Georgia. It was great to get to know my coworkers better since I have only been working here for a couple of months. I attached some pictures of our adventures for your vicarious enjoyment.

That's me in the white helmet second from the left. I just climbed out of the raft and jumped off of the giant rock behind the raft. That was the coldest water I had ever felt.

I'm in the white helmet on the left side of the boat.

I can add more if there are requests. I encourage everyone to go rafting. It was much less scary than I thought it would be. It was a great experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, long time not comment from me! haha Sounds like all is going swimmingly in TN! One comment - how did Maddie get poisoned? Is all compost poisonous? We have a composter out back, and our puppy keeps licking the vents (ick, but didn't think it could kill her!) Neurotoxins???? By the way congrats on job and Hubble - what a cutie! - Nora Byrd (UVA)

Amy said...

That looks like SO much fun!

Jessica Turner said...

Gotta love those Ocoee pictures!